OUR CARPENTERS WILL MAKE YOUR HOME YOUR DREAM HOME
When hiring a carpenter, you want a professional who is going to listen to you and carefully guide you ~ someone you can trust to execute the custom carpentry project or desired trim look you want in your home.
As a local general contractor who has earned a reputation for trust and quality, that’s what we do… We make your home your dream home.
Given Ted’s extensive background as a woodworker and furniture maker, he and his expert team of carpenters can build “everything custom carpentry” on the interior of your home. If you or your interior designer can dream it, we can make it happen for you. If you cannot dream it, we can help you envision it and create the dream look you want.
Our experienced finish carpenters have the ability to create one-of-a-kind decorative looks by combining moldings and profiles that will appear only in your home. We also have the tools to fabricate unique trim profiles creating truly unique moldings just for your home.
Our carpenters have produced beautiful custom projects throughout the Philadelphia area, everywhere on the Main Line and surrounding communities from Wynnewood to Wayne to West Chester.
Our master carpenters and painters can install and finish – crown molding, wainscoting, chair-rail and shadow boxes, bookcases, coffered ceilings, ceiling beams, bookcases, custom fireplace surrounds and mantles, and build or install all types of cabinetry.
The Process – From Consultation to Beautiful Trim Work
Our custom carpentry process starts with a free consultation where we work with you in creating custom designs that compliment your home and fit your planned budget.
Here is an overview of our process for custom carpentry projects:
We start with a 1-2 hour initial consultation to discuss your project.
- Online Research: In advance of the consultation appointment, we advise homeowners to research online for projects similar to the one you are planning – by visiting Houzz.
- Specialty Lumber Company Books: Our specialty lumber company partner, Tague Lumber, has an online profile book. You can view it HERE.
We follow-up with a second consultation to review trim moldings and trim profiles to determine how they match up with your tastes and your home’s style.
- Discuss creative possibilities of combining moldings and profiles resulting in an exquisite one-of-a-kind trim look that would appear only in your home.
- We have partnerships with Philadelphia area and Main Line interior designers, who can assist you in planning your new custom carpentry project.
We schedule our carpenters for your convenience and completion date expectations. If want a faster completion, we can even assign a larger crew to speed-up your project’s timing.
- Our carpenters and carpenter assistants will execute the project either onsite or in our workshop. Then they will carefully install your custom project.
- Upon installation, our painters will finish off the woodwork. We of course offer all phases of staining and polyurethane applications, as well as traditional spray or brush-and-roll paint finishes.
Finish Carpentry and Trim Carpentry Services
Our talented carpenters are proficient in the following project areas:
- Wall paneling – including wainscoting and bead-board
- Shiplap walls and shiplap ceilings
- Crown molding (also spelled, crown moulding)
- Trim carpentry – including window trim and door trim
- Custom cabinets including doors and drawers
- Custom built-ins and bookshelves
- Custom fireplace surrounds and mantles
- Coffered ceilings and ceiling beams
- Cabinet installation
- Mudroom cubbies and benches
- Custom closet organization and closet shelving
- New interior doors and new exterior doors
- New windows and replacement windows
- Drywall installation and drywall repairs